The Maison de l’Innovation project, being located at the very gates of the city, lies between the edge of the urban sector of the Dijon agglomeration and the agricultural land of the Burgundy countryside. Its position at the entrance of the ERIE innovation and enterprise park makes it a symbol of the future campus.
The contemporary style of the building is due to its volume, symbolising the networking and cohesion of the various entities that it will house, all working towards the same goal: innovation. The strength of the project concept lies in the materialisation of this cohesion in the assembling of volumes, giving the building such an original shape.
This project is intended to become a structure that represents innovation synergy. It is designed as a low energy building (BBC norm), which implies a 50% improvement in primary energy consumption, compared with the reference RT2005.
The dynamic geometry of the project is organised over four levels. On the ground floor, a vast hall enables access to the public areas (amphitheatres and meeting rooms) and the areas reserved for building users. The upper floors are accessed from a central hallway. Each floor is designed according to the same principle: partitioned offices lit by direct natural light, leading off from an inner corridor circuit.
In terms of volume and composition, the facades are highly differentiated. In reference to a decisive environmental commitment, the building uses local, sustainable materials, such as wood, metal, glass and concrete in an architecture that is both innovative in style and ambitious in terms of energy conservation.
– Project owner / Developer: Burgundy regional council
– User: start-up companies in the field of innovation
– Planning: SEMAAD
– Prime architect: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Interior architect: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Landscaping: Arte Charpentier Architectes
Technical design office
– Structures / Facades: DVVD
– Fluids: Elithis
– Acoustics: Avel acoustique
– Economist: RPO
– Project address: 64 rue de Sully
– Post code: 21000
– City: Dijon
– Delivery: September 2012
– Project programme: design architecture and construction
– Cost of work: 6,1 M€
– Rental offices: no
– Specific services: amphitheatre, meeting room, exhibition areas open to the public
– Geothermic wells
– Surface area: 4,000sqm
– Environmental certifications: RT 2005 -50% (BBC equivalent)
Crédits photos : Pamela Pinna