The Areva tower is a high-rise office block built in 1974, comprising 44 floors. It is one of the emblematic buildings of the Défense business district.
Arte Charpentier approached the design project for the senior management offices located on the 30th floor, taking into account the architectural particularities of the building to which the Areva group was moving and the specific requests of its senior managers.
On the basis of the space planning studies conducted with Areva, Arte Charpentier proposed an ordered, functional plan that was easy to understand. We wanted a modern, clear, sober, elegant and non-ostentatious style for our 30th floor renovation project.
Since the concept and interior were to match the identity and image of the Areva group, we designed areas for moving around, areas for waiting and areas for working using both contemporary materials (lacquer, mirror-polished steel, glass, screen printing, etc.) and more traditional elements (parquet flooring, wood, carpet, rugs, etc.). This combination of materials, associated with a rigorous and well-proportioned design, enabled the creation of a pure, refined style.
– Project owner: Areva group
– User: Areva
– Execution manager / Worksite coordination: SRA – Architectes
– Interior architect: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Technical design office: CAP Ingelec
– Lighting: Cabinet 8’18’’
– Economist: BMA
– Inspection: Socotec
– Fire safety systems: Cabinet Georges Berlet
– Title: Areva tower – Senior management floor
– Project address: 1, place Jean Millier
– Post code: 92400
– City: Courbevoie
– Delivery: December 31, 2012
– Project programme: renovation of Areva senior management offices
– Rental office space: No
– Surface area: 2,000 sqm