The tower recently occupied by the Areva group is a high-rise office block built in 1974, comprising 44 floors. It is one of the emblematic buildings of La Défense business district.
The interior design of the floor occupied by management staff shows respect for the architectural character of the building as well as responding to specific requests from senior managers.
Having agreed on general space-planning requirements with the client, Arte Charpentier proposed an ordered, functional plan that was intelligible and intuitive. The design is both modern and elegant, combining a sober palette of materials to produce a clear, non-ostentatious style.
Since the concept and interior were to match the identity and image of the Areva group, we designed circulation areas, waiting and working areas using both contemporary materials (lacquer, mirror-polished steel, glass, screen printed motifs) and more traditional elements (parquet flooring, joinery, carpets, rugs). The combination of materials, associated with a rigorous and well-proportioned design, generate a pure, refined style.
– Project owner: Areva group
– User: Areva
– Execution manager / Worksite coordination: SRA – Architectes
– Interior architect: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Technical design office: CAP Ingelec
– Lighting: Cabinet 8’18’’
– Economist: BMA
– Inspection: Socotec
– Fire safety systems: Cabinet Georges Berlet
– Title: Areva tower – Senior management floor
– Project address: 1, place Jean Millier
– Post code: 92400
– City: Courbevoie
– Delivery: December 31, 2012
– Project programme: renovation of Areva senior management offices
– Rental office space: No
– Surface area: 2,000 sqm