The main purpose of the entrance pavilion is to be an attractive indication of the presence of the head office of European leaders, Crédit Agricole group. It is a compulsory point of passage from the town to the campus, to the Crédit Agricole house. It is both a place of reception and showcase, offering a balcony viewpoint over the campus, making it easier for visitors to find their way around. A familiar landmark for all those who work on the site, it is also an element that triggers surprise and emotion in many visitors. It is intended to be noticed and remarkable, without impinging on the welcoming, fluid greenery of the bright living areas inside the campus.
Right at Paris’ doorstep, the Evergreen Campus hosts the Crédit Agricole’s head office. Multiple corporate entities share this space; the entire campus revolves around a central park that acts as its green lung.
The reception pavilion spans on 600 m2 and two levels. A familiar landmark for those who work on the campus, it also helps visitors find their way more easily. This architectural structure opens the campus to the city and is in line with the site’s environmental vocation. Nine bending radiuses were necessary for the metallic exterior’s complex design:
– the “comma”, that protects the personnel’s entries with its porch;
– the pavilion in itself, mostly glassed, by which visitors enter the site at street level and can access the campus at the first level inside.
The building manages to cohesively blend its contemporary and elegant design to create a welcoming atmosphere in a fully functional environment.
At street level visitors are welcomed under an awe-inspiring vaulted arch lit by colored LED lines showcasing different lighting patterns.
At campus level a space that is largely open to the park can be used to host temporary exhibitions. It is also able to receive an audience, as was asked by the Montrouge municipality.
The building’s clear and bright tones expresses its modern, rigorous and masterful craft.
The pavilion renews the site’s image, becomes the Evergreen campus’ store window and expresses the Crédit Agricole’s values of innovation and efficiency by displaying its architectural boldness.
– Project manager/Promoter: Crédit Agricole Immobilier Entreprise
– Investor: Crédit Agricole SA
– User: Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank (Crédit Agricole CIB)
– Architect of Record: Arte Charpentier Architectes (Jérôme Le Gall, Antonio Frausto, Fernando Castro, Luc Jouy)
– Interior designer: Arte Charpentier Architectes (Stéphane Quigna, Aurèle Duhart)
– Engineering and design department:
Heating, ventilation and air conditioning, plumbing, catering, roads and networks, ASC: Setec Bâtiment
Electrical Engineering: Square
Assistant Project Manager on Environmental and energy issues: Green Affair
Structure: Terrell International
Acoustics: Lamoureux Acoustique
Independent Auditor: Socotec
Health and Safety Officer: Socotec
Metallic structure: Alucobond
– Contract Management: Groupement SETEC Bâtiment (mandated) and Builders & Partners
– Illustration: A. Zuga SARL
– Title: Reception Pavilion
– Address: Campus Evergreen, 77 à 83 Rue Gabriel Péri
– Postal code: 92545
– City: Montrouge
– Delivery date: 2015
Photo credits : Augusto Da Silva