The project, within the Orlytech business park being redeveloped of by Aéroports de Paris (ADP), involves the refurbishment of a 189 bed 4-star Mercure hotel and the construction of a new 200 bed 3-star Ibis Styles hotel. The site is bordered on one side by the tramline T7, and on the other by the main A106 highway leading to the airport.
Both hotels, although different in character, express their unique architectural identity through a language of horizontality, both in terms of volume and articulation of the façade.
On the southern part of the site, the reception area, restaurant and meeting rooms of the existing Mercure hotel are rehoused in a new building which sits at the junction of the tramline and a new promenade created by ADP. Inside its pure glazed facades, the reception areas are organized around a central patio garden, an island of calm at the centre of the site. The three wings of the existing hotel are refurbished and one of them is given an additional storey.
On the northern part of the site, the new Ibis Styles hotel fronts onto Avenue Jacqueline Auriol, and extends from the A106 to the new promenade. From the highway its curving lines signal the entrance to the Orlytech park, and its dynamic shape and flowing contours echo the urban landscape shaped by fast moving transportation. A dynamic play of light and dark, shiny and matt lines, and of subtle relief on the north façade give the impression of a series of superimposed layers.
On the south side, the facade offers a more low-key appearance to match the adjacent Mercure hotel, using a combination of white panels overlaid with dark horizontal lines. The roofline rises towards the west from four floors to five with reception and restaurant on the ground floor. At the eastern end of the building, at garden level, are to be found staff rooms, storage and ancillary spaces.
– Client : Accor
– Client assistant: GETRAP
– Client Assistance HQE : SINTEO
Project Design Team
– Architect and team representative : Arte Charpentier Architectes
Technical Design Consultants
– Structural: CSC
– Quantity surveyor: Simonneau SARL
– Technical consultant : NOX
– Fire safety coordinator : ACTS
– Civil engineer: CL INFRA
– Siteworks control : VERITAS
– Health and safety coordinator : APAVE
– Surveyor: Daniel Legrand
– Kitchen consultant : HACS
– Acoustics: AIDA
– General contractor: SCGPM
– Title: Hôtels Mercure et Ibis Style
– Address: Orlytech, avenue Jacqueline Auriol.
– Postcode: 94390
– Town: Paray-Vieille-Poste
– Feasibility study: 2017
– Completion: end of 2019
– Programme: Rehabilitation of Mercure hotel (4-star, 189 rooms) and construction of Ibis Style hotel (3-star, 200 rooms)
– Floor area: Mercure: 7 400 m² / Ibis Style: 5 600 m²
Image credits : DR Arte Charpentier Architectes