The building owes its form to the interplay of two main compositional elements. The ‘blade’ wall forms the backbone of the project cutting through from end to end. This, in turn, is pierced by the “agrafes”, linking elements running perpendicularly to the wall. The southern point of the building, closest to the Grande Arche de la Défense, stands transparent and vertical like a sentry at the entrance to the new district.
In harmony with the architecture, the interior design of the halls and landings introduces further elements reinforcing the building’s identity. Subtle lighting brings out the fine grain and purple hue of the amaranth joinery panels edged in stainless steel. The orientation of suspended lighting fixtures gives a feeling of movement to the spaces.
A major challenge of this construction project, which straddles two mainline railways, was to develop a structure offering acoustic and vibration insulation from the passing trains.
Arte Charpentier inaugurated the first of the three buildings in 2002, and the whole scheme was completed in 2005. Buildings Palatin II and III, represent a gross office floor area of 22,150m².
The programme includes an inter-company restaurant with 1000 place settings, a brasserie, a 250-seat cafeteria, a fitness centre, and 362 parking spaces.
– Project owner: S.A.S Elysée Palatin (Capital & Continental)
– Investor: CGI / Commerzbank
– Planning: EPAD
– Design architect: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Consultant architect: Robert Lewis Turner
– Interior architect: Arte Charpentier Archkitectes
– Execution manager: Cabinet François Dupleix
Technical design office
Programme advisor: Capital & Continental
Safety coordination: Imotep 91
General contractor: GTM Petit
– Petit / GTM Bâtiment group
– ACMD (building superstructure and bridge installation)
– Baudin Chateauneuf (bridge and castellated beam manufacture)
– Sorival (bridge installation)
– Facades / curtain walls: Goyer
– Weight of metal structures: 2,700 tonnes
– Project address: Triangle de l’Arche
– City: Puteaux
– Delivery: 2005
– Project programme: construction of 2 office buildings
– Internal surface area: 45,500m²
– Office surface area: 22,150m² NIA