Located just outside the town of Meaux, the shopping centre takes its inspiration from the surrounding countryside characterised by a colourful patchwork of fields, the meanders of the Ourcq Canal, and diverse vernacular architecture.
Designed as an extension of the existing landscape, planted embankments, green roofs, planted pergolas, wooded areas, and filtration ponds, create a strong rapport with the surroundings. It is, however, a place where people live and work, a piece of territory refashioned and recomposed to enhance and strengthen the ties between the town and the neighbouring countryside.
Bordered by 3 major highways, the project benefits from excellent accessibility.
The shopping mall is organised around an internal two-level shopping street, and a covered walkway, providing shelter from the prevailing winds, works its way between the various buildings, offering an outdoor promenade, protected by canopies. A major element of the project is the landscaping, which covers 42,000m², with an additional 29,300m² of green roofs, and integrates a jogging and cycle path, and allotment gardens.
– Client: Immochan
– Client representative: Auchan
– Architect, and Landscape Architect: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Interior design: Arte Charpentier Architectes
Technical design consultants
– Civil engineering: SNC Lavalin
– Structural: SNC Lavalin
– Building services – fluids: SNC Lavalin
– Quantity surveying: SNC Lavalin
– HQE: Gecob
– Inspection: Qualiconsult
– Health and safety coordination: Qualiconsult
– Fire safety: GNPS
– Filtration gardens: Phytorestore
– Circulation: IRIS Conseil
– Address: ZAC du Parc d’Activités du Pays de Meaux
– Post code: 77 120
– Town: Chauconin Neufmontiers
– Expected completion: 2014
– Project programme: shopping centre and leisure park
– Surface area: 70,300m² gross floor area (sales floor 48,640m², 95 shops)
– Parking: 2,000 spaces on lower ground floor, 1,000 spaces in multi-storey
– Environmental certifications: HQE, BREEAM
Photo credits : E. Machado / A. Caste