The Marengo office building is located at the corner of Rue de Rivoli and Rue Saint-Honoré close to the Louvre in Paris. This building, dating from the Haussmann period, was one of a number of properties occupied by “Les Magasins du Louvre”, the ultimate in Parisian chic. The interiors have been remodelled by Arte Charpentier in the warm and intimate feel of a private hotel.
The design is inspired by the “Grands Magasins” style from the turn of the century with the renovation of the original staircase, the integration of ‘infinity’ mirrors and stone benches, and the use of a subtle palette of colours and painted motifs, inspired by period wallpapers. The eye-catching grand entrance doorway, by the sculptor Véronique Sabatier, puts it firmly on the map.
The interior renovation of the communal areas of the Haussmann-style building, were carried out whilst the building was occupied. The work included the main front door, entrance halls, stairs, landings and lift lobbies.
The front door is a unique design surmounted by a lacquered-metal transom which increases its grandeur.
– Client: Morgan Stanley Real Estate
– Assistant client : Constructa
– Contractors : SRC, Kone
– Team representative: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Design Consultant: JME Ing
– Artist sculptor: Véronique Sabatier
– Structural: Khephren Ingénierie
– Building services electrical: Scedatec
– Building services heating ventilation: M.B.E
– User: C2D
– Inspection: Véritas
– Address: rue de Marengo, rue de Rivoli
– Postcode: 75001
– City: Paris
– Completion: 2010
– Programme: Renovation of an office building
– Specifics: Intervention en site occupé
– Floor area: 2.000 sqm