This structural element of the République site project enables the various areas to be linked together with a coherent organisation. Voluntarily pure and simple in its architectural composition, the new building blends into its environment, mainly composed of characteristic heritage buildings.
The link between the new building and the current station is via two large verandas: the train hall creates a link between the station and place Thiers, and the tramway hall, plays a very important role in the reorganisation of the République site, integrating the new tram station.
The rest of the building, containing shops and public services, is accessed from the tramway hall. The upper floors are reserved for offices. The project makes the most of Nancy’s glass industry, and combining glass with another of the city’s emblematic materials, limestone, the building facade is an original creation, composed of printed glass panels. Its transparency on the ground and first floors of the building, revealing all the activity within, brings the building to life. The resulting luminosity inside helps create a safe atmosphere and to make it easier to find one’s way around.
Comprising a tertiary building and two public halls, this operation extends Nancy station for the arrival of the TGV-Est high speed train line.
– Project owner: République buildling: SCI Nancy – République / Train hall: SNCF
– User: SNCF
– Architect: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Associate architect: Atelier Maurand et Vermeil
– Execution manager / worksite coordination: DM Ingenierie
Technical design office
– Reinforced concrete structures + metal structures: Structure 3000
– Facades / glass: CEEF
– HVAC – Plumbing / Sanitary installations: CRYSTAL Région Est
– Electricity (high and low voltage): BET Huguet & Associés
– Health and safety: SOCOTEC – Nancy
– Expert surveyor: SCP Suaire Et Didier
– Ground studies: Fondasol Est
– ICF Env: Agence Centre Est
– Inspection: SOCOTEC – Nancy
– Health and safety coordiantion: SOCOTEC – Nancy
– Project address: 3 Place Thiers
– Post code: 54000
– City: Nancy
– Delivery: 2008
– Project programme: extension of Nancy station
– Surface area: 10,300m²