The re-organisation of parking on this square was the opportunity to create a place of quality for the inhabitants of the quarter. Located in an area close to the city centre, the square is surrounded by shops, a primary school and the Sainte Blandine hospital. Cycle paths and pedestrian routes enable good access to the square and provide continuity of the existing network.
The car park design seeks to optimize the number of places, whilst maintaining pedestrian areas for relaxation. ‘Green lounges’ provide seating and relieve the monotony of parking spaces. A new square close to the entrance, and set back from the street, offers a place for residents to dwell during their daily routine or whilst visiting the nearby shops. Fruit trees have been planted in fours as in an orchard.
– Client: QPark
– Landscape design: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Architect and interior design: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Site supervision: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Inspection: Véritas
– Civil engineering: AC Est
– Project address: rue Coislin
– Post code: 57 000
– City: Metz
– Completion: December 2010
– Programme: re-organisation of a city centre car park, involving the
creation of orchard areas, a square and the design of street furniture
– Total area: square 1 ha; lodge 50m²