The urban, architectural and landscape design of a new eco-district marking the approach to the town-centre from the direction of Vélizy-Villacoublay and Clamart, is guided by three main objectives: the provision of a range of housing types, the installation of businesses, and the the creation of new and the redeployment of existing public facilities. A landscaped green pedestrian promenade of 8000m² forms the central feature of the project incorporating childrens’ play areas and small lakes.
A careful contemporary architectural treatment gives depth to the façades and improves natural lighting, and a range of different living spaces are created such as garden room, solarium, DIY workshop, Summer kitchen, reading zone, and coworking space.
Shared and rooftop gardens reinforce the green character of the scheme, and the landscaping plays a major role, creating a hierarchy of green spaces across the district linking public and private areas in a flowing, harmonious way. The whole is reinforced by a pedestrian axis planted with a double row of trees, accompanied by a sunken lawn to collect rainwater from neighbouring zones. To the side of this area, a series of basins complete the composition with uses based on the theme of water such as a playground with water jets, and shallow reflecting pools fed by water from the sunken lawn.
The new eco-neighbourhood will consist of 480 apartments, 500m² of commercial premises, and 1000m² floorspace for small business enterprises.
– Client: Meudon-la-Forêt local authority
– Developer: Altarea Cogedim
– Architect Team Leader: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Landscape Architect: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Site Architect: KERN
–Environmental engineer: Franck Boutté Consultants
– Structural: EVP
– Civil engineer: Urbacité aménagement
– Title: Pointe de Trivaux
– Postcode: 92360
– Town: Meudon-la-forêt
– Competition: 2018
– Programme: 480 apartments, commercial premises and start-up incubator
– Area: 30 000 m² residential, 500 m² commercial and 1 000 m² incubator
– Environmental certification NF HABITAT HQE category ‘Excellent’, category E3 of the certificate E+C-, RT2012 -20%, conforms to the requirements of the future RBR 2020 which links energy performance with carbon usage
Photo credits: Asylum / Arte Charpentier Architectes
To see the film of the project, click here !