Situated in Jonage, on the eastern outskirts of Lyon, this innovative and harmonious project offers training for careers in energy, transport, and water cleanliness.
Designed to reflect Véolia’s respect for the environment, the plan takes advantage of natural features of the site. The massing of the building is oriented and articulated in diminishing proportions towards the south to protect itself from prevailing north winds and increase sun exposure. The Campus is organized around an open Agora-like landscaped courtyard which opens on the south side to the rolling countryside.
The project also reflects the activities Véolia provides in terms of training programmes for interns and apprentices and the organization and hosting of events. The training facilities are arranged around an Agora-like courtyard with an oval-shaped event space as the focus.
The campus consists of several compact and functional buildings:
– A set of buildings with a central courtyard directly accessible from the reception and serving common rooms, a meeting hall, a 150-seat auditorium, and a training centre comprising workshops, classrooms and administrative offices;
– A separate three-storey building with 55 bedrooms and a gym in addition to external sports facilities;
– Outdoor spaces for training and related field work ;
– Landscaped carparking concealed with shrub planting.
All facades are clad in larch wood weatherboarding with large glazed openings accompanied by wooden sun-shaders. Green rooves cover most of the buildings, with the exception of the oval events area, which has a zinc roof, and those areas reserved for photovoltaic cells, solar panels, renewable energy equipment and integrated technical elements.
The building is certified BBC and HQE with a high performance rating for 11 targets out of 14, and an energy consumption lower than 60 kWhEP/m²/year.
– Project owner: Véolia Environnement
– AMO & AMO environnement: Artélia
– Prime architect: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Interior design: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Landscape design: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Partners: Groupement Pitance (Elithis, Berim, RBS, EAI, RPO
– Electrical engineering: Elithis
– Environment and energy assistance: Elithis
– Structure: RBS
– Plumbing: Elithis
– VRD: Bérim
– Acoustics: EAI
– Economist: RPO
– Inspection: APAVE
– CSPS: APAVE
– Project title: Campus Véolia
– Project address: 25 rue Lionel Terray
– Post code: 69330
– City: Jonage
– Delivery: 2012
– Project program: Realisation of a training campus (367 people)
– Specific services: 55 bedrooms, 14 classrooms, 5 labs, 11 workshops, 1 auditorium (150 seats), 1 parking (100 plots), 40 bicycle park (20 outdoor, 20 indoor)
– Project surface area: 9 460 sqm
– Total surface: 3.5 acres
– Environmental certifications: Démarche HQE-Niveau BBC
– Cost : 17,000,000 euros