Situated in the Part-Dieu district of Lyon, the project comprises three independent entities: the office tower TO², a shopping centre ‘Cours Oxygène’ linked to an existing shopping complex, and an underground car park. Together, these entities form a whole, and the extensive use of transparent glazing gives a particularly light and crystalline aspect to the buildings.
The tower stands out as a reference in Lyon, making an impact on its skyline, and contributing strongly to the dynamism Lyon has experienced since the early 2000s.
The sculptural ‘leaf’ form on the roof becomes an illuminated signal at night, in cohesion with the city’s lighting guidelines.
The apparent simplicity of the forms, associated with high quality, lasting materials, contains a legible, strict internal organisation, thus providing an exceptional solution with 80% of the offices receiving direct natural light.
Oxygène Tower is the second tower to be constructed in the Part-Dieu district of Lyon, France’s second most important centre of business. Today, the tower is occupied mainly by the SNCF.
The project comprises 28 floors, totalling 115m in height, with 29,955m² of offices above 17,182m² of shops occupying 7 floors, and extending the existing Part-Dieu shopping centre. There is an inter-company restaurant on the fifth floor. The north and south facades differ in the way they respond to the neighbouring buildings. On the north side, lies the 19th century Haussmannian-style town, built on a regular grid pattern, and to the south, the irregular blocks of more recent developments, face Part-Dieu station.
– Client: Sogelym Dixence / Européquipement
– Investor: Unibail Rodamco
– Contractor: Bouygues GFC Construction
– Main users: SNCF / Ernst & Young
– Team representative: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Structural: Khephren Ingénierie
– Building services: Barbanel
– Facades: Interface
– Acoustics: Delphi / Cial
– Quantity surveyor: CEE
– Lift consultant: CCI
– Inspection: Socotec
– Kyotec, Kone, Spie Sud-Est, Cote, Cofely, Patricola, AAI, Pitance, Asylum
– Programme: offices and car parking (495 spaces)
– Surface area: 47,137m² gross floor area + 14,973m² parking (over 4 floors)
Photo credits : Gilles Aymard / Christophe Valtin