The Pointe de Trivaux Eco-neighbourhood, an urban, landscaping and architectural project, marks the entrance of the city of Meudon-la-Forêt from Vélizy-Villacoublay and Clamart. It is designed around a pedestrian avenue of 8,000 m² with trees, embellished with play areas and lined with water features, according to three key ideas: the construction of diversified housing, the establishment of businesses, the redeployment of existing public facilities and the creation of new structures.
The contemporary architecture and the careful, qualitative treatment of all the facades of the Pointe de Trivaux Eco-neighbourhood are the result of an in-depth reflection on the interior/exterior continuity and the promotion of sunshine. A built/natural balance is put in place with shared gardens and accessible rooves. Living spaces are created: a garden room, a solarium, a DIY workshop, a summer kitchen, a reading area, a coworking space, etc.
Landscaping played a major role in the design of the Pointe de Trivaux Eco-neighbourhood. The planted spaces create a mesh across the project, connecting public and private spaces in a seamless and harmonious way.
This axis is underscored by a large avenue planted with a double alignment of trees and surrounded by a green, hollow space that can collect the stormwater of the neighbouring clusters. The garden is bordered by a line of different water features (“dry” fountains to play in, ornamental ponds as water mirrors that can be fed by recovering the rainwater stored in the hollow lawns).
The Pointe de Trivaux Eco-neighbourhood will host 480 housing units, 500 m² of shops and 1,000 m² of start-up incubators.
– Contracting authority: Ville de Meudon-la-Forêt
– Developer: Altarea Cogedim
– Architect: Arte Charpentier (Jérôme Le Gall, Patricia Giovannini, Jérémy Delahaie, Francesco Ballarin, Antoine Soussan)
– Landscaper: Arte Charpentier (Nathalie Leroy)
– Building site management: KERN
– Environment: Franck Boutté Consultants
– Structure: EVP
– R&U: Urbacité aménagement
– Address: Ecoquartier Pointe de Trivaux 92360 Meudon-la-forêt
– Surface areas: 30 000 m² of housing, 500 m² of retail 1 000 m² of start-ups
– Environmental certifications: NF HABITAT HQE Niveau Excellent, niveau E3 du Label E+C-, RT2012 -20%
– Image credits:
© Arte Charpentier