A new landmark, visible from the A10, sits on an attractive, key site in the centre of Massy Palaiseau. Four new buildings, each with a separate function, are arranged around a central court open to the public. The continuous architectural treatment of the facades, with a superposing rhythm of panels and windows, creates a dynamic image and unites the separate parts of the scheme as a harmonious whole.
At street level are to be found shops, restaurants and cafés, and the caretaker service for the student residences. Patio gardens and landscaped courtyards complete the composition providing a convivial living and working environment. This ambitious project contributes to the life of the neighbourhood and to the urban restructuring of the area, characterised by piecemeal development.
The project comprises offices, student residences and a hotel.
– Client: SCI Redstone Invest A / Oceanis
Project Design Team
– Architect team representative: Arte Charpentier Architectes
Technical design consultants
– Building services – fluids : ELITHIS Ingénierie
– Energy efficiency : ELITHIS BENEFICIENCE
– Inspection: SOCOTEC
– Title: OCEANIS
– Address: 12-16 rue Émile Baudot, 2-8 rue Henri Barbusse
– Postcode: 91120
– Town: Palaiseau
– Completion: 2018
– Programme: Design and realisation of a mixed development of offices, student lodgings, shops and ground floor facilities
– Floor area: 90 000 m²
Photo credits : DR Arte Charpentier Architectes