Clichy Atrium City, located close to Porte de Clichy, on the outskirts of Paris, has been designed as a self-contained neighbourhood where all aspects of the living environment have been carefully considered, and is set to become a signature scheme for the district of Clichy.
Around 20 000m² of industrial property and communal facilities, including former municipal kitchens, greenhouses, and garden services have been transformed to create this new neighbourhood.
The project is perfectly integrated, in form and scale, into the very diverse existing urban fabric, and each building is given its own identity, which, whilst echoing the context, also determines the aesthetics of the whole scheme and its architectural coherence. The human scale is a major aspect of the design, with a central communal patio garden and pedestrian routes crossing the site linking public gardens Parc Mozart and Parc Salengro. Notwithstanding the size of the project, careful attention has been given to the design and future patterns of use of individual living areas.
The new neighbourhood, suitable for family living with a mix of apartments, gardens and local facilities, reinforces a sense of community, and encourages social interaction.
The programme can be further adapted to respond to the evolving needs of the inhabitants by incorporating up to 3850m² of community facilities such as a new school and leisure centre.
New construction of 550 housing units spread over 11 buildings, with a mixed program that includes self-owned housing, social housing and a senior residence. The whole on a base with shops, a crèche as well as 2 levels of underground parking.
– Client: Altarea Cogedim Grands Projets
– Architect team leader: Arte Charpentier Architectes / François Leclerc Architectes
– Landscape access and circulation: Arte Charpentier Architectes
– Landscape site interior: D-Paysage
– Site works: Artélia
– Technical Consultants:
– Building services – fluids: COTEC
– Structural: COTEC
– Building services – heating: COTEC
– Acoustics: METAM
– Technical inspection: BTP Consultants
– Safety coordinator: BTP Consultants
– Traffic: CDVIA
– Civil engineering: Urbacité aménagements
– Flora and fauna: Ecosphère
– Air quality: TECHNISIM
– Title: Clichy Atrium City
– Postcode: 92110
– Town: Clichy-la-Garenne
– Delivery date: undefined
– Programme: New construction of 550 housing units spread over 11 buildings, with a mixed program that includes self-owned housing, social housing and a senior residence. The whole on a base with shops, a crèche as well as 2 levels of underground parking.
– Floor area: 39 000 m² including 23,390 m² ARTE
Photo credits: DR Arte Charpentier Architectes